Will Smith: Motivational Videos
I have always had immense respect for Will Smith, not just as an actor, but as a character, a personality and the aura he creates with his presence either on screen or an interview or with his talks. I came across this wonderful compilation of his where he talks about self-improvement, success and life as a whole.
Captioning a few excerpts from this video
1) I have a great time with my life and I want to share it! I love living – I think that is infectious, It is something that you cannot fake.
2) Greatness is not this wonderful, elusive, god-like feature which is reserved for only the special among us. It exists in all of us. It is that simple and I am willing to die for it.
3) I know who I am and I know what I believe in – that’s all I need to know.
4) We didn’t grow up with the sense that where we were was where we were going to be. We grew up with the sense that where we were almost didn’t matter – because we were becoming something greater.
5) The separation of talent and skill is one of the greatest misunderstood concepts for people who are trying to excel. Talent you have naturally, skill is only developed by hours and hours and hours of effort. There is no easy way around it, no matter how talented you are, your talent is going to fail if you are not skilled!
6) You might have more talent than me, you might be smarter than me, if we are on a treadmill – there are only two things – either you are going to get off first or I am going to die fighting. Its really that simple.
7) You don’t try to build a wall, you don’t set out to build a wall, you don’t start there, you start with a brick, you start with the idea that you are going to lay down this brick as perfectly as possible.
8) I want to do good. I want the world to be better, I want my life, my work, my family – I want it to mean something. If you are not making someone else’s life better by being here, then you are wasting your time.
9) The first step before anybody else in the world believes is that you have to believe it. There is no reason to have a plan B because it distracts you from Plan A
10) Being realistic is the most commonly traveled road to mediocrity. Why would you be realistic? What is the point of being realistic?
I have had the opportunity to listen to a lot of people speak, some speak romantically and some speak through experience. It is very rare that you find such a great mix of thoughts and actions in one person. Will Smith is one such person. His thoughts and ideas have always made me think and reflect and realize that there is so much of optimism and reality in this world the moment we decide to embrace it. Success truly doesn’t come just cos you have a few resources. There is nothing called a free lunch, we all have to work our way towards our successes and that perhaps makes the mental make up of us as individuals.
We all have a lot of things to do in this life, the idea behind the video is to share that inspiration to get us on track to those factors which matter the most in your life. These were our top 10 excerpts, would love to hear what you thought about it 🙂 .
Do join us for more such updates,