Why do so many people reach success and then fail?
Richard St. John – A man who found success in doing what he loved and upon reaching that failed only to reclaim it back. Presenting a video by Richard where he talks about the reasons why people fail upon reaching success and the way we can avoid doing the same. Success is a continuous journey and the rest is as below 🙂
Take Aways from the video
1) Why do so many people reach success and then fail? – Cos we think success is a one way street!
– Is it? Or is it not? Is success just that you do a few stuff right and reach a destination and then stop? Does it mean that we are thoroughly satisfied all through our life just cos we did one achievement, reached one goal and felt good about it? Does it give us the right to stop or the opportunity to let it grow on us and we don’t?
2) Sitting back and relaxing when we reach success
– What do we do when we reach success? Do we work harder trying to reach more, do we try to help more people or do we just stay there cos our job is done and there is nothing else to do.
3) Change of focus from people to money
– We do the things we do cos we love it and those were the priorities. Do they actually change when we reach success? Granted that the money and the achievement may make us feel good. But is that all there is ?
4) Getting into something we don’t love just cos it gives us more opportunities
– This reminds me of the song from Rocky- Too many times it happens too fast and we change our passions for glory, don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past, you must fight just to keep them alive!”
5) Focussing on ourselves than the others which make it happen
– It is very easy to slip and start assuming that the world shifts axis and rotates around us. Well maybe it does, but not for long, not for eternity, it will stop the moment you stop focussing on others.
6) Success isn’t a one way street, it is a continuous journey
– If we think that we have reached success by doing a few things and that is the end of it, that will be the end of it. If you want continued success, you gotta keep striving
7) It is not about reaching success, it is about sustaining it!
– Too many people succeed in life and the reason why we have not heard of them is that they failed to sustain it. Consistency goes a much longer way than we think
Do join us for more such updates,