What do you think about this? Every time I read this, I have always realized I stop for a moment, think and then gasp “How True!” . I believe Emerson’s quotes have a sort of lingering effect upon reading, makes us stop and wonder on a lot of occasions. This too makes me wonder in so many levels
- What is the definition of an achievement? Money? Apartments? Cars? Bikes? glamour? I guess it can take a whole list in here!
- What is true achievement? – Is it going after what you think is right and making it happen? Striving to prove to oneself how much the inner dream means?
- What gives a sense of achievement? – Is it sometimes just the feel of seeing someone smile, to laugh to your heart’s content, to shake yourself up and fight the demons inside and out… What is it?!
- Why the achievement means so much to us? – Is it to give a sense of accomplishment, is it to make us feel loved? Is it to hear our inner thoughts?
- Why is the quote relevant? – Is it because all along our lives we realize there are a lot of expectations around, people, peers, friends, relatives, enemies, ourselves and what not. And finally what is it that matters?
It is true that there are a lot of questions here, but I believe that is what a quote is supposed to do right? Ponder, and behold you have an answer!