A former research scientist is Today’s most powerful woman in the World. Angela Markel, the chancellor of Germany is named the Most Powerful woman in the world by Forbes.
- The first female chancellor of Germany
- Was the President of the European Council
- Considered one of the architects of European Union and is the longest-serving incumbent head of government.
- 2nd woman to have chaired G8.
- Presidential Medal of Freedom from Barack Obama.
- Received honorary degree from about 7 universities.
- Referred as “The Decider” for her important role in managing financial crisis in Europe.
- Referred as “The Iron Lady” or “Iron Girl”
- In 2013, she was termed as world’s 2nd most powerful person by Forbes magazine (Highest rank ever for a woman)
- In 2014 and 2015 Forbes named her “The Most Powerful Woman.”
ANGELA MERKEL INSPIRING QUOTES
- The willingness to learn new skills is very high.
- When it comes to human dignity, we cannot make compromises.
- The question is not whether we are able to change but whether we are changing fast enough.
- Don’t get bogged down by life and other people’s problems or hang ups.
- Whoever decides to dedicate their life to politics knows that earning money isn’t the top priority.
- There is nothing worse than sweeping a threat under the mat and just living from day to day.”
- You could certainly say that I’ve never underestimated myself, there’s nothing wrong with being ambitious.
- Look forward to the future and look forward to the unknown. Nothing stays the same and people change. One day that hurt and pain will be a distant memory.
- Tolerance means showing respect for other people’s history, traditions, religion and cultural identity. But let there be no misunderstanding: Tolerance does not mean “anything goes”.
- Always be more than you appear and never appear to be more than you are.
Do join us for more such updates,