The book is all about what you would say if this would be the last lecture you are going to give in your life. The question was why the need to pick this book up? And the answer is in a few of the excerpts from the book!
No matter how hard the situation is, it always is an easy choice to give up but that doesn’t mean we have to mellow down in any way, it is how we fight. In other words like he says, “You cannot change the cards you are dealt with, just the way you play”
- “An injured lion still wants to roar; It is about dignity and self esteem which isn’t quite the same as vanity”
It is always an easy choice to quit and move on, the true character is in a fight, especially when he says
- “Forcing me to work harder whenever I feel like quitting, forcing me to be better. That is a feedback loop for life”
When you want something bad enough, there always is a way out and there always is a solution.
- “The brick walls are there for a reason, they are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something”
It is always about people, they make or break you, the rest of the things are just materials!
- “People are more important than things. A car, even a pristine gem like my convertible was just a thing. It is a belief that you don’t repair things if they still do what they are supposed to do. Not everything needs to be fixed”
The most expensive thing you have at hand is TIME
- “Time is all you have and you may find one day that you have less than you think”
We are so much afraid to ask for our rights, to request for something which we think we need
- Ask those questions, just ask them. More often than you’d suspect, the answer you will get is “Sure”
About being a salesman
- “If you are going to be a salesman, you might as well be selling something worthwhile, like education”
And above all, we have been conditioned so far that life is so much about achievements and the accolades we win, but its more about life than the numbers and medals.
- “It’s not about how to achieve your dreams; it’s about how to lead your life. If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you “
That I think were the most brilliant ones. I am sure I would have missed something, care to add?! 🙂