It is very strange to know how many people are trying to deviate us from our thoughts and dreams. Although I am sure it is not their ‘intention’! But it certainly is interesting the way they look at things, especially when we are up to something new and exciting for which there is no previous precedence! What do they actually mean when they say we can’t do something?!
- Is it meant to believe that just cos they didn’t succeed, it means the others won’t too? Is is a question of one’s ego or is it actually something with a pointer with a preconceived notion!
- Is it just that it was too hard for them, it is going to be hard for us too?
- Is it a feeling of seeking self validation through the action of others?
- Is it cos they were afraid to do something, we should too?
- Does it mean that just cos they said so, we should stop our venture?
There are a lot such questions which keep coming in my head when I hear someone say no. The real questions I think which would make a difference –
- How much of it makes sense to me?
- What is the actual message they are sending here, is it solution or is it a vent to their emotion?
- What part of their response am I going to take?
- Is it actually going to be of any help if I listen to them?
- Am I inching towards a solution by listening?
I guess in the end, questions are the real answers and they probe us a certain way, making us think. The thought is quite simple, being very aware of what we are asking cos in the end we might end up getting what we ask for! That is the risk we always run don’t we? 😉