Communication: The sound of your voice
I find it as a special attraction to write about communication, its intricacies and how beautifully it can effect a change. Sharing a video of TED TALKS by Julian Treasure.
Introduction : Julain Treasure is an expert in the mastery of sound in speaking and listening and how it affects our lives. He is a 5 time Ted Talks speaker and we all know not anyone gets to be a TED TALKS speaker :). He is also the author of the book – SOUND BUSINESS talking about the impact of your pitch, variation and above all a fibre and fragment of communication – YOUR VOICE
Take Aways from the Talk – There are 7 deadly sins of speaking, you might want to stead clear of these..
1) GOSSIP – We obviously know that it is not a great habit!
2) Judging – It is hard to be judging and seeking at the same time.
3) Negativity – It is hard to Listen!
4) Complaining – Well this is the national sport!
5) Excuses – We have all met this guy, or maybe even been this guy!
6) Exaggeration – If you use BIG words for everything, what do you do for something really BIG?
7) Dogmatism – The confusion of facts with opinions!
You might want to stick to HAIL =
1) Honesty – Well he is not talking about absolute honesty but it is something which is about trustworthiness
2) Authenticity – Bring what you have inside you, people want to listen to you cos of you!
3) Integrity – Stick to your words, it is not about just what you say, it is also about what you do.
4) Love – It shows everywhere, no matter what you do.. You need to show that you care..
Do join us for more such updates,