“Queen of the Court”
Serena Williams started her training at age 4. Wins her first major championship at the age of 18 and wins Grand Slams in her 20s. There was a time when Serena’s Tennis ranking slumped to 139 and now she is in the No.1 and she has been this position for about 6 times.
- Currently ranked No. 1 in women’s singles tennis.
- The only female player to have won over $60 million in prize money.
- 34 Grand Slam titles altogether-19 in singles, 13 in women’s doubles, and 2 in mixed doubles.
- First woman to win 50+ career matches in all four Grand Slams in the Open Era.
- Four-time Olympic gold medalist.
SERENA WILLIAMS INSPIRING QUOTES
- I always believe I can beat the best, achieve the best. I always see myself in the top.
- Luck has nothing to do with it, because I have spent many, many hours, countless hours, on the court working for my moment in time, not knowing when it would come.
- I’ve had to learn to fight all my life- got to learn to keep smiling. If you smile, things will work out.
- My smile is my favorite part of my body. I think a smile can make your whole body.
- Everyone’s dream can come true if you just stick to it and work hard.
- I’m a perfectionist. I’m pretty much insatiable. I feel there’s so many things I can improve on.
- A champion isn’t about how much they win; it’s about how they recover from their downs.
- You have to believe in yourself when no one else does.
- If anything, you know, I think losing makes me even more motivated.
- I love who I am, and I encourage other people to love and embrace who they are. But it definitely wasn’t easy – it took me a while.
- I want women to know that it’s okay. That you can be whatever size you are and you can be beautiful inside and out. We’re always told what’s beautiful, and what’s not, and that’s not right.
Here are the 5 things to learn from Serena Williams: Serena Williams: You Have To Believe When No One Does
Do join us for more such updates,