Oh yes! It is a birthday, the birthday of one of our most favourite tennis legends of all time. One of the most stylish, and kinda effortless player you can say – Yes it is Roger Federer. For the amazing amount of inspiration this man has meant to us, his wonderful quotes, his stature on the court, what it means to see him play and the way we lose ourselves in complete trance when he plays. Here is a small tribute to Roger Federer on his birthday.
Our last post on him was a collection of 5 of his most inspiring quotes starting from Play with the pain and more. Each one of these quotes and thoughts have meant a lot to us and as we discover more about their meaning and implications here. Each of those words have meant so much for just the stature he has carried through and the personality he strikes us as.
As we pay a small tribute to him on his birthday as we talk about his achievements, here is sharing a few for a small dose of motivation to brighten up your day a bit.
- Federer has been consistently ranked under world No.10 since october 2002
- He has held the world No.1 position for 302 weeks out of which 237 weeks were consecutive.
- He has won 17 grand slam titles, reached each grand slam finals atleast 5 times which is an all time record, reached wimbledon finals 10 times. How about that for tennis at the highest level? 🙂
- He shares the record for most titles in Wimbledon along with Pete Sampras at a number of 7
- He has won an olympics gold medal in 2008 with Wawrinka
- He was named Laureus World Sportsman of the Year for a record four consecutive times
I know that what we have listed is way too small for what all he has done so far and I can hear the federer fans saying that this is not homage enough. And I certainly agree!
But I would refer you to our post on his quotes and meaning for a stronger motivation for this is one inspiration which is going to stay with us for a long long time.
Wishing Federer a very happy birthday once again. May the inspiration continue for aeons to come.