“The King of Clay”
Rafael Nadal is one of the greatest players in the world of Tennis.
- Widely considered as the greatest clay court player in history.
- 14 Grand Slam singles titles.
- Won the Olympic gold medal in singles in 2008.
- Ranked No.1 in August 2008.
- Nadal is one among the only two male players in history who have won at least two Grand Slam titles on hard court, grass, and clay.
- Was named the Laureus World Sportsman of the Year.in 2011.
- Rafael Nadal at an early age. At the age of 8, he won a regional tennis championship, turned into a professional at the age of 15. At 17, he beats Roger Federer, the first time they played against each other. And at 19, he wins the French Open, the very first time he played it.
- He has set a remarkable profile as a tennis star. The way he sees failure is noteworthy.
“The glory is not winning here or winning there. The glory is enjoying practicing, enjoy every day, enjoying to work hard, trying to be a better player than before.”
- Nadal has established “Rafael Nadal Foundation” in 2004 with an aim to help economically underprivileged children and youth. He actively campaigns for the need to save trees to protect the environment.
RAFAEL NADAL INSPIRING QUOTES
- The glory is being happy. The glory is not winning here or winning there. The glory is enjoying practicing, enjoy every day, enjoying to work hard, trying to be a better player than before.
- You fight, you try your best, but if you lose, you don’t have to break five racquets and smash up the locker room. You can do those things, but when you’ve finished, nothing’s changed. You’ve still lost. If something positive came from that, I probably would do it. But I see only negativity.
- I always had the theory that the most important thing is be happy, enjoy what are you doing, and be fresh mentally.
- I appreciate a lot in this life; the things you cannot buy. Life is only once. I am happy being here and all the things that are a risk I normally avoid.
- I have lived my whole life with high intensity.
- However great your dedication, you never win anything on your own.
- Losing is not my enemy..fear of losing is my enemy.
- The only way of finding a solution is to fight back, to move, to run, and to control that pressure.
- You just try to play tough and focus point for point. Sounds so boring, but it’s the right thing to do out there.
- I’d rather lose an argument than get into a long discussion in order to win it.
- The thing, when you’re down two sets to love, is to stay calm, even though it’s hard, because people are freaking out, people are worried for you.
- Even if I have already peaked, I have to believe I can improve. I wake up every morning, and go to practice, with the illusion that I’m going to get better that day.
Do join us for more such updates,