Modi Madison Square Speech Highlights
What Makes Madison Square So Special?
Madison Square garden has held some of the world’s most famous names like The Beatles, Elton John, Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson,
The Madison Square is ranked one of ten most expensive stadium ventures ever built
Some very inspiring facts about this event.
- Tickets have been completely sold for the feat which had more than 20,000 people.
- Delegates to the order of Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, Indra Nooyi of Pepsico, The Dean of Harvard School, The congressmen and senators are a few to mention.
- This is the biggest gathering of Indian Americans in US ever
Highlights Of The Speech
1) Indians here have raised India’s Image, we are not a bunch of snake charmers
“Our ancestors played with the snakes but we now play with the mouse” ;). Speaking of Americans in India, Modi spoke about their importance and their contribution to the country and the significant role in maintaining the image of the country!
2) Winning an election is not just about securing a seat to sit on, it is about a responsibility to fulfill
I love this statement, I think it has been a long time since a leader has spoken about responsibility over power, it had been a while since a leader spoke about solutions than problems and it sure had been a long time since we looked at things more practically. If sitting on the seat of the PM is a responsibility, then perhaps we too have bigger ones as well 🙂
3) India has 3 Unique Strengths which no other nation has
– Democracy : The largest democracy in the world and in India, democracy is not just a establishment, it is a trust, it is aspiration, it is the way to realize your dreams
– Demographic Dividend : India is a nation which has a very strong young population, highly motivated, a generation
– Demand : The entire world is looking at India, cos they know that it is a nation with 1.2 billion population which means a huge market and every nation or a company would neglect this at their own loss.
With these three D’s in India combined, nothing is going to stop this country from being a huge success
4) There is development only when people participate.
It is not just about expecting the government to take care of us, it is about being a part of the development and growth, it is about taking responsibility, being responsive and understanding the importance of each of our roles and how we can make that significant impact. And that is the true definition of good governance!
5) If you look at History, every time you see that there is someone who has sacrificed themselves for the country.
He spoke about Gandhi, he united everyone in India for the freedom of the country, not by asking them to go out of their way, it was more practical, it was a revolution which was possible, which was practical and which would be done by everyone. Such is the kind of relation we need for India, we should integrate this in our life blood and there
Development, growth should be a revolution, a movement – the thought that whatever I do is for the nation and with such integrity no one would even dare to do something that would bring the image of the country down. It is about owning the nation, it is about everyone of us being a part of the country, driving it ahead, not just the PM or the govt, it is about all of us and that is going to make the difference for the country!
6) We wanted to start a zero balance account but people have deposited 15,000Cr in that account!
It is pretty interesting a fact to know that there are people who want to be inclusive, there are people who believe that they can be a part, there are people who trust and if there such amazing ones who believe in us, then we should too!
7) I have decided that I will make toilets!
People ask me to create a big vision, I have told them – “I have come this far by being a tea vendor!, I am a very small man, a very simple man, had a simple background, I am a small man and hence my mind is always set on doing the small things and doing these things for the smaller people. But I am small, and that is the reason why I am willing to do bigger things for the smaller people”
The beauty of the word or the speech is that there is a lot of brilliance in every simple act and when a man can do these simple things and focus on them at . “If I did not get my hands dirty, people would have never made me the PM, I have a stake in every small part or large part of the responsibility and hence I want to do this”
8) What did we give Gandhi?
Ask not what a nation has done for you, ask what you can do for the nation! Modi reminded me of the speech by John F Kennedy, but the idea was equally powerful –
Gandhi had two favourite things :
Gandhi has given us freedom, can we not give cleanliness? Can we not give a clean, pure nation for a man who gave us this independence?!
Well, looks like we all have a lot of roles to play, for this is our nation and we owe it to the nation!
These were the most inspiring aspect of this phenomenal speech. Would love your opinions below 🙂
Do join us for more such updates,