Elizabeth Gilbert, The Author of Eat Pray Love, a book which remained on the stands as the New York BestSeller for 187 weeks talks about success and how to move from one achievement to another. One of mighty challenges Elizabeth faces was writing her next book or starting her next venture. She had a background of writing a top seller and that was a huge responsibility to start with and a fear that if the readers might not like the next book in comparison with her previous one! Quite a tough one indeed, How did she manage to tackle that and surge ahead?
She does talk about a few questions on her mind
1) After having an exemplary success, she is braved with the question of what next and the thought of what if it would not be as good as the first one. It would be going below a set standard and the thought of whether she should actually quit writing itself.
2) How to muster the courage to write again, to do that something which described the very fibre of who she is – an author, a writer a person who creates!
3) She talks about creativity surviving its own failure!
4) She failed at getting published for almost 6 years! She says – ” For 6 years I had nothing but rejection letters waiting for me in the mail box”
5) “I loved writing more than I loved my own EGO, I loved writing more than failing! ”
Loved this video for every minute of it, the thoughts resound at every moment, it makes think, it makes us wonder and realize something very crucial – people who have achieved the biggest things in the world have same fears, they have similar challenges, they have an equally tough challenge and sometimes bigger to face, the one thing that makes the difference is the mettle to go through it, to keep pushing to keep doing what you really love. And that is all about achievement in LIFE!
If you want to pick up the book, here you are with the link :