From an office clerk, switchboard operator, intelligence officer, air force volunteer, flight lieutenant to an actor, author and also a singer. Christopher Lee played several roles in his life, the same way he did in his movies.
- Received BAFTA Academy Fellowship twice: 2011 and 2013
- Appointment of Knight Bachelor “For services to Drama and to Charity.”
- He was awarded the Commander of the Order of the British Empire in 2001 for his services to drama.
- Acted in nearly 200+ movies.
- Best known for his acting in Dracula, Hobbit film trilogy and The Lord of the Rings film trilogy.
- Founder of Charlemagne Productions Ltd.
- Too Tall To Be An Actor
Christopher Lee was not very well received. “To be an actor he was much too tall.” He was 6.5 feet, and this didn’t impress movie makers to cast him.
Interestingly, the actor has a Guinness Book of World Records as “The Tallest Leading Actor”.
- When The Time Came I Was Ready
Christopher Lee, for more than 10 years worked as an apprentice and played minor roles.
“I watched, I listened and I learned. So when the time came I was ready.”
There have been movies where he has been not been credited for his voice contribution or his performances. This was the story of his overnight success.
- Oldest Performer In The History Of The Heavy Metal Genre.
In his 90s, Christopher Lee released his heavy metal songs and became the oldest performer in that genre.
CHRISTOPHER LEE BOOKS
- Lord of Misrule: The Autobiography of Christopher Lee
- Tall, Dark, and Gruesome
- Rungs on a Ladder
- Howzat!: Kerry Packer’s Cricket War
- 1603, Turning Point in British History
Do join us for more such updates,