Elegant! Don’t you think? The quote establishes a message in so many levels. For us, the greatest thought it inspires is the belief in belief!
- Isn’t it true? Don’t you believe a placebo effect can cure someone? Is it mind over matter or matter over mind? If your thought is strong enough, are you not capable enough to take care of it?
- Agreed that I would take a medicine continually without the belief that it can cure me, what is the set of emotions mind goes through? I am not going to search for the validity and the statistical analysis of the quote, but I would certainly ask one question – which thought helps? Is it the optimism which brings in the fighting spirit or pessimism which kills you every moment from within?
- How would you explain the psychosomatic occurrences? If the mind can play a role and create a disease, I am sure it can work the other way and cure.
- Many a time, the value of belief is highly underrated and made to seem as the last option. Most times, it has been ridiculed as a witchcraft, but isn’t it the thought which is the seed of all solution?
- Success or failure are mere words, but the belief is something which will take you all the way there. Like it is rightly said – “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t – You’re right!
Well it sure sounds like a lot of optimism and the question is why believe in the set of beliefs, let me ask something, which belief helps you? I am not asking you to stop taking medicines, I am just saying, the medicine might find it easier to work in an environment of appreciation and acknowledgement than of total disregard and doubt. I am not necessarily talking about health and medicine, it can very directly link to the way we treat people and most importantly ourselves so many times..
Related articles across the web