Be Yourself Quote:
– Oscar Wilde
Haven’t you heard enough of this already? Everytime something goes on in your life, people casually seem to tell you to be yourself. But sometimes it just becomes too hard to be ourselves. And the reasons are pretty simple
- Peer pressure
- Financial obligations
- Risk Appetite
and so on..
Well, whatever the reasons are, there sure are so many impediments to be yourself. Someone once said the greatest achievement is to be yourself in a world, which is constantly trying to make you someone else. Isn’t that true? I mean all along our lives – not many people come up to us and say that this is the only way life should be. But there are modes in which they make sure it is.
When we are growing up, people come up with definitions of what an ideal student is and what happens if the student is bad. It is considered wrong to be asking too many questions cos it means that we are questioning someone’s authority. It is wrong to have a voice which is different from the rest of the world. It is wrong to believe in something cos you don’t have enough reasons to back it up.
And once we grow up, the other expectations naturally creep in, the expectations of what the society thinks you should be, what your parents feel you should do, what your kids think about you and so on. But honestly none of these are wrong and we can never offer these as reasons for being someone or something else. But we somehow rationalize and do so. It is as unfair as it is meaningless cos society can only predict, but only you and I can decide what and where we get to be.
No one says that we don’t have a voice, we all have one, we all have an option, we just choose the voice of silence. While growing up, we have been chided if we ask questions and we stop doing that. No one ever asked us to stop asking questions – they are our life blood, they lead us somewhere and they make us who we are. Is it fair if we blame something else for that?
As for the society, it lives by its own rules. Granted that it expects us to live by it, but that’s with everything isn’t it? A whole group of people or a set doesn’t appreciate or acknowledge change cos it is completely new and unknown to it. We can’t blame the society for that. All that we have to blame is ourselves. The way we look at it, life is a very personal affair sometimes, the external factors will always be there – sometimes to deter you and sometimes just to challenge you as to how bad you want something. And sometimes these external factors mean nothing at all.
The true question is who you are and what you stand for. It is hard to be yourself and people are going to put you down when you do that, but if you don’t stand up for that, what else will you stand up for?
Here are 10 ‘Be Yourself’ Quotes on similar lines:
1) Don’t change so that people will like you. Be yourself and the right people will love the real you.
2) If you can’t be yourself you are NOBODY!
3) The biggest challenge in life is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everyone else
4) Don’t chase people, be yourself and do your own thing and work hard. The right people, the ones that really belong in your life, will come to you and stay!
5) To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don;t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.
6) Be yourself because an original is worth more than a copy!
7) It is better to be hated for what you are than being loved for what you are not.
8) BE YOURSELF! No one can ever tell you that you are doing it wrong
9) You were born Original. Don’t die a copy.
– John Mason
10) Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
These are our top 10 quotes on being yourself. Stay tuned in for more..
Do join us for more such updates,